Please Note: if you require time-sensitive shipping, we very highly suggest you choose Priority Mail.
You are here
Poetry Flash Pays Tribute to Chana Bloch
Sunday, January 28
We're excited to welcome back Poetry Flash for a special tribute reading by six members of Chana Bloch's close knit Writing Group. This is a celebration of her posthumous book of poems, The Moon Is Almost Full.
Chana Bloch was a poet, translator, and teacher for many years at Mills College. She was much beloved in the Bay Area and beyond. Jane Hirshfield says of her new collection, “Each page verifies the beauty and scope and surge of a life both extraordinary and daily, embraced not in spite of our mortality, but because of it.”
The readers from her Writing Group will be:
- Poet and translator Dan Bellm, whose most recent book of poems is Deep Well.
- Poet and translator Jeanne Foster’s most recent book of poems is Goodbye, Silver Sister. She is professor of English and Creative Writing at Saint Mary’s College in Moraga.
- Poet, memoirist, critic, and teacher Sandra Gilbert, among whose recent books of poems is Belongings.
- Former Canadian diplomat, poet, political thinker, and memoirist Peter Dale Scott, among whose books of poems is Coming to Jakarta: A Poem about Terror.
- Poet, teacher, editor, and founding member of Saint Mary’s College of California MFA program Phyllis Stowell, among whose books of poems is Sundered.
- Poet, critic, and teacher Alan Williamson’s most recent poetry collection is A Pattern More Complicated: New and Selected Poems.