Sunday, February 18
We're excited to welcome back Poetry Flash for a celebration of the book Know Me Here: An Anthology of Poetry By Women, edited by poet and radio host Katherine Hastings (founder of the WordTemple Poetry Series and host of WordTemple on NPR affiliate KRCB FM).
Readers for the event include contributors:
- Susan Cohen, whose second book of poems is A Different Wakeful Animal;
- Lucille Lang Day, publisher of Scarlet Tanager Press and author of ten poetry books and chapbooks, two children’s books, and a memoir;
- Miriam Bird Greenberg, author of In the Volcano’s Mouth, winner of the 2015 Agnes Lynch Starrett Prize for Poetry;
- Judy Halebsky, author of two books of poems, Tree Line and Sky=Empty, which won the New Issues Prize;
- Elizabeth C. Herron, member of PEN, Fellow of the International League of Conservation Writers, and author of four chapbooks and a book of short fiction;
- Mary Mackey, author of seven books of poems, including Sugar Zone, winner of a PEN Oakland Josephine Miles Award, and fourteen novels, one of which made the New York Times Bestseller List;
- Connie Post, author of the book of poems Floodwater, winner of the Lyrebird Award; she is also winner of the Crab Creek Poetry Award;
- Julia Vose, author of the collection Moved Out on the Inside; she is also the recipient of a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts and an Academy of American Poets Prize;
- Laura Walker, author of the poetry collections story, Follow-Haswed, bird book, rimertown/ an atlas, and swarm lure;
- Kathleen Winter, whose new collection, I will not kick my friends won the 2017 Elixir Poetry Prize.
** The book will be available for purchase the day fo the event. **