You are here
50 of the Best Snowshoe Trails Around Lake Tahoe (Paperback)
Come winter, Lake Tahoe’s trails, mountains, and shores shed their hikers and transform under a white blanket of snow into a serene winter wonderland. From towering snowy vistas, frozen subalpine lakes, lofty summits, and beautiful tree canopies, Lake Tahoe is one of America’s favorite winter playgrounds—with some of the most beautiful and invigorating views in the world.
50 of the Best Snowshoe Trails Around Tahoe offers snowshoers of all levels and experience a wide-range of excursions—from flat and easy to steep and strenuous. It includes a wide range of snowshoe routes such as Mt. Rose, Carson Pass, Emerald Bay, Fallen Leaf Lake, Highway 89, Truckee and Donner Pass. Features include:
- Fifty distinct routes with directions to trailheads, detailed trip descriptions, and topographic maps
- Forty-five stunning photographs of popular trails, landscapes, and lake views
- Easy-to-read headings to provide key information on trail difficulty, distance, elevation, avalanche risk, facilities, managing agencies, highlights, lowlights, and more.
- A wide-range of outings for snowshoers of all abilities
- Recommendations on where to grab a hot drink, enjoy a hearty meal, or to snuggle up for a cozy overnight stay
- Tips on everything from proper clothing and footwear, equipment checklists, pre-hike warm-ups, sanitation, dog-friendly trails, and permit requirements
Whether you are an amateur explorer or a winter adventure enthusiast, this comprehensive guidebook has everything you need to explore the winter playgrounds surrounding Lake Tahoe.
About the Author
Mike Whiteis a full-time writer and former community college instructor. He is a featured speaker for outdoor and conservation organizations. He is the author of numerous outdoor hiking guides, including 50 of the Best Strolls, Walks, and Hikes around Reno, 50 Classic Hikes in Nevada, and Best Backpacking Trips in California and Nevada.
— Benjamin Spillman, Reno Gazette-Journal