You are here
A Wizard of Earthsea (Earthsea Cycle #1) (Prebound)
This book cannot be returned / is non-refundable.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Earthsea Cycle series.
- #2: The Tombs of Atuan (Earthsea Cycle #2) (Paperback): $11.99
- #3: The Farthest Shore (Earthsea Cycle #3) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #4: Tehanu (Earthsea Cycle #4) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #5: Tales from Earthsea (The Earthsea Cycle #5) (Paperback): $8.99
- #6: The Other Wind (The Earthsea Cycle #6) (Paperback): $8.99
Originally published in 1968, Ursula K. Le Guin's "A Wizard of Earthsea" marks the first of the six now beloved Earthsea titles. Ged was the greatest sorcerer in Earthsea, but in his youth he was the reckless Sparrowhawk. In his hunger for power and knowledge, he tampered with long-held secrets and loosed a terrible shadow upon the world. This is the tumultuous tale of his testing, how he mastered the mighty words of power, tamed an ancient dragon, and crossed death's threshold to restore the balance.
About the Author
URSULA K. LE GUIN is the author of more than three dozen books. She was awarded a Newbery Honor for the second volume of the Earthsea Cycle, "The Tombs of Atuan," and among her other distinctions are the Margaret A. Edwards Award, a National Book Award, and six Nebula Awards. She lives in Portland, Oregon.